This is the programme for the user group meeting which takes place on 18th Oct 2016 at CIWEM Venue, 106-109 Saffron Hill, London EC1N 8QS.
The aim of the meeting is to bring together the different users of SCIMAP to share their experiences, learn from each other and to see the new developments that are happening with the approach. the meeting will be informal with sufficient time for questions and discussion. There is a page of answers to common questions here.
Overview of the day:
Session One: Using SCIMAP for Catchment Management
- 10:35 How Rivers Trusts are using SCIMAP. Michelle Walker, The Rivers Trust
- 10:55 Using the SCIMAP Fitted approach to understand diffuse pollution controls on freshwater ecological health as indicated by diatoms – Ellie Greenway, Durham University / Westcountry River Trust
- 11:15 Using SCIMAP to spatially target woodland and hedgerow creation in the Ribble catchment. Ellie Brown, Ribble Rivers Trust.
- 11:25 Pathways, pollution and protection: Using SCIMAP to deliver multiple benefits in the Eden. Catherine McIlwraith, Eden Rivers Trust
11:45 Coffee Break
Session Two: Web based version of SCIMAP – Overview, demonstration and training.
13:00 Free, supported by ESRC
Session Three: New SCIMAP Developments
- 14:00 Applying SCIMAP to diffuse microbial pollution. Kenneth Porter, University of Stirling
- 14:20 Using the SCIMAP modelling framework to inform Water Sensitive Urban Design. Nick Paling, Westcountry Rivers Trust
- 14:40 A New Era of Targeted Reforestation for Diffuse Pollution Risk Reduction using SCIMAP and UAV Technology to Determine the Spatial Distribution of Diffuse Pollution Risk in Lake Rawa Pening, Central Java, Indonesia. Caitlin Curry, Durham University / United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- 15:00 SCIMAP-Flood- A preview of the new tool for spatial targeting of natural flood risk management schemes. Sim Reaney, Durham University
- 15:10 Economics of Incentivising Spatially Targeted Policies Based on SCIMAP Risk Mapping. Ashar Aftab, Durham University
15:30 Coffee, discussion, informal chat and hands on with WebApp
16:30 End of the user group meeting.